Frequently Asked Questions
What are your booking terms and conditions?
Can I gain CPD points? If so, how many?
CPD points can be gained for all of our events. 1 point is given for every hour of participation.
I was expecting to receive the speaker presentations but I have yet to receive them, how do I access?
Presentation slides are sent out within two weeks of the event date. If this date has passed, please contact our team who will give you access to the presentations. Please email email@example.com
I’ve made a booking but now cannot attend
- What is your cancellation policy? Name changes can be made at any time, up to the day before the event, at no charge. GovNet Events will not be able to offer refunds for cancellations arising from events outside of our control.
- Can a colleague attend in my place? If you could like to send a colleague instead, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the new delegate’s name, job title and email address. You can change the delegate name free of charge, up to one day before the event.
- I can’t attend an event on this date, is it possible for me to access the presentations? Through both our hybrid and virtual event models, access to speaker presentation slides and content is available for a period of 30 days post-event. For full access, register a delegate place at your preferred conference.
Which rate category do we fit into?
Categories are defined as follows;
- Public Sector: Includes Central Government, Local Government, Universities, Colleges, Schools, Housing Associations, NHS, Fire and Rescue, and Police Authorities, Executive Agencies and Non-Departmental Public Bodies and Devolved Administrations.
- Voluntary Sector: includes Non Profit organisations, and Charities (not related to Public Sector). Please note that Charities must provide their Charity Number at the time of booking.
- Private Sector: other companies and organisations not listed above.
I am booking more than one place, are there any further discounts available?
Additional delegate places can be discounted. Group bookings of 3 or more can be further discounted at the discretion of the management. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
When will I receive my event joining instructions?
Joining instructions are sent to delegates 2 weeks prior to an event. Should you not receive them by this time please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we can ensure you are sent them.
What is included in the price of the booking?
The day includes
– Access to all content sessions – attend digitally online, or in person at the event venue in London
– Networking app to pre-schedule your meetings with any speaker, exhibitor, or attendee
– Online marketplace and exhibition hall for 30 days
– Access to post-event presentations (where available)
Can I book without a purchase order number?
Yes you can. Simply email email@example.com with the PO number as soon as you have it.
GovNet Events is not registered as a supplier to our organisation, how can this information be obtained?
What company shall I make the purchase order (PO/Invoice) out to?
Purchase Orders are to be made to our parent company GovNet Communications. The address is St. James’s Buildings, Oxford Street, Manchester M1 6PP.
Can you take a payment over the phone?
Payment can be taken over the phone, however all telephone payments must be made through our Manchester office. Please call +44 (0) 161 211 3054.
Do I need to pay before I attend?
Your place is booked once you have received your confirmation email. If paid by invoice, this will be sent within 48 hours of the booking and our accounts team will then follow up for payment which will be due 30 days from the date of the invoice, unless the booking is made within 30 days of the event in which case payment will be required within 7 days.
Can you confirm if you have received my payment?
Our accounts team are based in Manchester, if you wish to clarify any payment queries please call +44 (0) 161 211 3054.
Is there a dress code for the venue?
Most people choose to dress smart casual to attend our events, however professional work attire is also fine.
Can I bring safety assistant/companion?
Yes. We allow 1 person to attend as a companion for any delegates with a visual, hearing or physical impairment.
Can you provide me with a British Sign Language interpreter?
We can provide a BSL interpreter for those who are hearing impaired. There is a 1 week notice period for this service. Please let us know at the time of booking so that we can accommodate your needs.
How do I add you to our safe senders’ list?
To ensure that our emails are recognised and land in the correct inbox, you can follow these simple steps to amend your settings:
- Right-click our email in your Inbox email list pane
- On the menu displayed move your mouse over or tap Junk
- Click or tap on ‘Never block sender’ in the menu that rolls out
- The resulting popup will say: ‘The sender of the selected message has been added to your Safe Senders List.’
- Click ‘OK’
- Open the email from …
- Click the “Wait it’s safe” link
- Mark Sender as “Wait it’s safe!“
iPhone Mail App (iOS)
- Open your mail app and scroll down to the Junk Folder
- Find the email you’d like to whitelist and slide your finger left to see options
- Tap the ‘More’ button, and then ‘Mark…’ button
- Select “Mark as Not Junk”
- This will then move the email to your Inbox and any mail from this address will go straight to your inbox and not your Junk
- Navigate to the spam folder
- Search for emails containing the domain you wish to whitelist
- Select all the emails shown
- Click ‘More’ and then ‘Not spam’
How do I unsubscribe from your emails?
I’d like to advertise/sponsor/exhibit at an event – who can I speak to about this?